Cheesy 80s power ballads – the definitive collection
What’s your favouite station to listen to whilst playing Grand Thefo Auto: Vice City? I find myself listening more and more to one that churns out the cheesy 80s power ballads. But it’s the same few tracks over and over which leads me to skip to the metal station to hear Judas Priest rip through ‘You’ve got another thing coming’ or Iron Maiden’s ‘Two minutes to midnight’.
So, in order to further my 80s enjoyment of the game that everybody else completed ages ago… I present the definitive list of cheesy 80s power ballads. I hope to find these tracks somehow and somewhere (probably in the bargain buckets in my local woolworths) and then crank them on my stereo. Hey, some of these tracks would make for excellent soundtracking of late night driving.
I also want to know, where appropriate, the name of the film that the songs featured in.
Now, please let me know the ones I’ve missed off…
- The boys of summer – Don Henley
- Dancing in the dark – Bruce Springsteen
- I drove all night – Roy Orbison
- Black Velvet – Alana Miles
- China in your hand – T’Pau
- Every rose has its thorn – Poison
- Drive – Cars
- Broken wings – Mr. Mister
- I want to know what love is – Foriegner
- Nothing’s gonna stop us now – Starship
- Don’t you forget about me – Simple minds
- It’s my life – Talk talk
- Eternal flame – Bangles
- I just died in your arms – Cutting crew
- The power of love – Huey lewis and the news
- Against all odds – Phil Collins
- The living years – Mike and the mechanics
- Africa – Toto
- Take my breath away – Berlin (Top Gun)
- Run to you – Bryan Adams
Come on, there must be loads I’ve missed, help me out!